Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (29) A Long, Long Sleep



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

Image Source
"And I missed Xavier with a constant drone of pain, like the sound of the ocean, occasionally washing over me to leave me drowning. I didn't know how I was supposed to get through without him. Deep down, I knew I could have endured losing Mom and Daddy and the world I was born into if I could just have Xavier back, the way he always had been." pg. 22-23

_________________________________________________________________________________
Info from Goodreads:
It should have been a short suspended-animation sleep. But this time Rose wakes up to find her past is long gone-- and her future full of peril.

Rosalinda Fitzroy has been asleep for sixty-two years when she is woken by a kiss. Locked away in the chemically induced slumber of a stasis tube in a forgotten subbasement, sixteen-year-old Rose slept straight through the Dark Times that killed millions and utterly changed the world she knew. Now, her parents and her first love are long gone, and Rose-- hailed upon her awakening as the long-lost heir to an interplanetary empire-- is thrust alone into a future in which she is viewed as either a freak or a threat. Desperate to put the past behind her and adapt to her new world, Rose finds herself drawn to the boy who kissed her awake, hoping that he can help her to start fresh. But when a deadly danger jeopardizes her fragile new existence, Rose must face the ghosts of her past with open eyes-- or be left without any future at all.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like an amazing retelling of Sleeping Beauty. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. My teasers are from Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin and Line of Fire by Stephen White. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh interesting tease! Very intriguing!

    Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, definitely something I want to know more about! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds amazing! Added it right away to my tbr list. Thanks for sharing the great teaser, it sounds really sad!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is such an emotive teaser. I feel so sad for her. Definitely one to add to my wishlist ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser, and a great premise for a sci-fi book. I'll read this one.
    My teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete