Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (37) The Scorch Trials


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

I love reading series and since I did The Kill Order (Prequel to The Maze Runner) by James Dashner yesterday, Today I am going to show #2 The Scorch Trials. Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________

The Scorch Trials


Teaser:
"So... it's not a cure? Even though it slows the virus down?"
"Not even close. Just delays the inevitable. The Flare always wins in the end.You lose any chance of being rational, having common sense, having compassion. You lose your humanity." pg. 204

"Teresa didn't hesitate. She wrapped her arms around Thomas's neck, pulling him in. He didn't have enough will to resist. They kissed, but nothing stirred inside Thomas. He felt nothing." pg. 313


Goodreads Info:
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety . . . until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated—and with it, order—and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim . . . and meal.

The Gladers are far from finished with running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder—does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?

15 comments:

  1. This sounds intense. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book! I hope you're enjoying it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I read the first one but I didn't really like it but maybe I should give the series anothe try. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - great Teaser! I've read The Maze Runner and can't wait to get my hands on The Scorch Trials. It seems from your teaser that Thomas doesn't get the sparks when he kisses her - that's a shock! D:
    Thanks for sharing. ^.^

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fascinating read!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesdays_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic teasers! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this book! I still need to read the last one and the prequel though. Great teasers!

    Your header photo is really beautiful! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad for her. Thanks for sharing and for paying me a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very good...thanks.

    Love your header...where was that taken?

    NEW FOLLOWER of your blog.

    My teaser is from LIVE BY NIGHT by Dennis Lehane.

    My Teaser is below. Hope you had a good Tuesday.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the first one's so intense and the second is so emotional... this must be a whirlwind of a book! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great teaser! I have thought about picking up The Maze Runner so many times! Thanks for stopping by our teaser...Super behind on responding to comments! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this series yet, but I do have two of the four books. Of course I don't have the first two yet, so I need to get on that lol.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete