Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday {38} Eden


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

________________________________________________________________


Eden by Keary Taylor

Teaser:
"Eden itself might be constantly moving for safety reasons, but the garden was the center, the anchor of which we revolved around." Kindle Location 144

"I pulled the arrow back, holding my breath. Two seconds later the buck stepped into view. The next second it jerked violently, the tip of an arrow appearing in the side of its neck. It took a few staggering steps forward. My arrow was still in my bow." Kindle Location 380

Goodreads Info:
Eve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She's seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn't just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve's reality. 

In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior. 

The technology wants to spread and it won't stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen.

10 comments:

  1. Great teaser sounds like an epic book. Hope your enjoying it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser!! I loved this book and I love this author. She has a book called "What I didn't say" about a boy who is in a accident and becomes deaf, he never go to tell this girl about his feeling for her and it is A-mazing!!


    New follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look up that book, I enjoy Keary Taylor!

      Delete
  3. This has been on my reading list for what seems like forever. Loved the teasers, think I'll have to bump it up in my pile!

    My Teaser
    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of book! Will be adding this to my TBR pile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers!! What is with the eyes on the cover... love it!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is creepy, but the teasers are definitely intriguing! I want to know what killed that buck now ^^'
    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool teasers, and I love this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Right! I loved it, the characters were well written and the storyline was fun and exciting.

      Delete