Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday {45} The Elite


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


______________________________________________________________________

The Elite by Kiera Cass
Sequel to The Selection




Teaser:
"Sometimes I feel like Maxon and I are in our own version of the Selection. It's just him and me, and one of us will get you in the end; and I can't decide who's worse off." pg. 210

Goodreads Info:
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I have this on my TBR but haven't started it yet. :)
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Torturer's Daughter

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...I haven't read this one yet, but I want to! I think I'll have to go back and re-read The Selection first, though.
    Here's mine...
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-july-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read this series yet but thanks for sharing :)
    here's ours- http://thereaddicts.blogspot.in/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-46.html

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the first book on my shelf for awhile now and I haven't started it yet.


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Teaser Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my TBR list. Looking forward to it. Good teaser. Here is my TT http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/teaser-tuesday-july-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I really liked this one! Better than the first, actually. :) Such a good teaser.

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete