Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Calendar


So I am a Christian and a Franciscan nun. I'll explain more later but I celebrate and love the Christmas Holiday. To get ready for Christmas we go through advent which is what I like to think of as the preparation of Jesus coming to the world and my heart making room for him. I've never had an advent calendar but then again I've never had the room for one and the thought of getting a chocolate everyday when I'm supposed to be fasting is kinda dumb. So one cool advent calendar I found is seeing pictures from the hubble space telescope. A new picture of space every day sounds so awesome, not only because I have a fascination with space but also because God created it. What better way to celebrate God's son coming to the world then to see pictures of what He created.

So enjoy: Advent Calendar 2009

1 comment:

  1. Growing up, I use to have Advent calendars and they never had chocolate in them! I feel jipped. They either had bible versus or pictures in them. I miss counting down. It was always something to look forward to. We also had felt advent wreaths that hung on the wall. Every Sunday we would attach a flame to the candles. It was always fun.

    ReplyDelete