Monday, October 25, 2010

My posts are dwindling down to probably once every week or 2 weeks, not because I don't have time exactly, but because I have nothing to talk about. You need to have a reason to post.... and I don't have one. But I'll let you in on whats happening:
My brother just moved back to Pittsburgh and we moved him into his new apartment. Its pretty exciting since he's getting married in about 2 weeks! He and my dad drove a rental truck from CT to here one night filled with all of his furniture for the apartment. They got all the boxes into the apartment and it was completely filled! We set it up and cleaned up. There were so many boxes that the side of the street was lined about 15 feet with huge boxes! It was a lot of fun with new furniture and a new place to hang out at!

Today I had time to make some French Onion Soup! I've been wanting to do it because I love Panera's but I don't go there often. The best part was that I had all of the ingredients right at home, which never happens since I'm just getting started with cooking and I am still getting to know what to keep in stock. So since I found out how easy it could be, I'll share it with you: (this recipe is from my betty crocker's slow cooker cookbook)



image
 What You Need:
-slow cooker
-3 cups onions sliced
-3 tablespoon butter melted
-3 tablespoon flour
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-7 cups water w/7 beef bouillon cubes
-cheesy broiled french bread

What To Do:
Mix onions and butter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30-35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and pepper. Mix 7 bouillon cubes with 7 cups of water. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours or until onions are very tender.
Serve with bread and enjoy!

*Notice the recipe didn't call for the lovely cheese melted on top. I've looked it up and it calls for swiss cheese.

So it's slow cooking right now, smelling lovely. I can't wait to try the first soup I've ever made!

Have any easy recipes to share?

P.S. My friend Sarah is in this Good Mood Blogger competition. To get the job she needs people to vote for her everyday. I'm adding the widget for you to go read her reason why she would be great for this job to the right. So go read and vote!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cat! I really appreciate it.

    Also, you can always think of something to post about. Just keep reading and commenting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete