Friday, December 10, 2010

new book to look forward to!

So you should all know by now that I work like crazy. Crazy hours 7:45-6:00. Sun up to sun down. So that leaves very little time to do much, like write blog posts. It also leaves very little time to recover from getting sick. This fall/winter I have had like 3-4 different sicknesses that I can't get out of work to rest and heal properly. However, yesterday was horrible.
Let me back up to give you more information. The last month-ish I have been getting nauseous every morning... pregnant? no way. not happening! (yet) Yesterday came along with the nausea and it just so happens that it didnt go away. After I had lunch it got worse. My job is not fun when you are nauseous. The toddlers love to dump things all over the place, climb on everything, and use the water fountain/sink that is in our room (for what reason they decided to let toddlers have a sink their height i just dont know) So here I am trying not to move, bent over in pain and trying not to throw up, while they are running wild. I can't just sit there and let the other girl in the room do everything! But I just couldn't move. My back started to ache and I was in alot of pain. One of the worst days ever. So I told my director and got the day off today.
It was well needed. I found out it might be an ulcer... since I have a mother-in-law who is a doctor. So I get to rest off the back pains and fever I had all night. Thank God!
Along with resting, I have finally had time to look through things online, like what to get the hubby for christmas and new books to read! Here's what I found:



The Water Wars
coming 1-1-11

Welcome to a future where water is more precious than oil or gold....
Lost in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, two teenagers race against time to rescue their friend from the corporations that run the world by controlling the limited water supply.
Vera, 15, and her brother Will, 17, live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a world that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe and war. In this world, water is hoarded by governments with access to it, rivers are dammed, polar caps are melted, and clouds sucked from the sky. Their mother is ill from a nameless disease, and their father barely manages on ration tickets and black market goods. One morning Vera meets and befriends a mysterious boy named Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water and claims to know about an untapped river but is sworn to secrecy.
Vera and Kai become friends, and soon something blossoms between the two teens. But one afternoon Kai doesn’t show up at their usual meeting place and his home is ransacked. Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of their friend and his secret knowledge. The siblings are pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group and greedy corporations bent on controlling the world’s water supply – all of whom want to get their hands on Kai and his uncanny ability to find fresh water.

Um...awesome. And very similar to The Hunger Games which I love! Can't wait for it to come out!
 
I am also a fan of the book: I Am Number Four. It has been turned into a movie and comes out 2-18/11. Click here for the trailer!
 
Looking forward to:
Christmas
Seeing my family
Giving (and getting) gifts
Having fun with friends and family
 
I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Advent season!

No comments:

Post a Comment