Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (6)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Teaser:

"Prim, let go," I say harshly, because this is upsetting me and I don't want to cry. When they televise the replay of the reapings tonight, everyone will make note of my tears, and I'll be marked as an easy target. A weakling. I will give no one that satisfaction. 
"Let go!"
I can feel someone pulling her from my back. I turn and see Gale has lifted Prim off the ground and she's thrashing in his arms. "Up you go, Catnip," he says, in a voice he's fighting to keep steady, and then he carries Prim off toward my mother. I steel myself and climb the steps."

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, page 23

6 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I miss THG already. I feel like I should re-read the trilogy again. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know just where in the book you are. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by your teaser! I have to check it out!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Therapy by Sedastian Fitzek post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I've just started reading this book.

    Here's my TT: http://thebookfariy.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Hopefully going to finally read this series soon.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your blog title. So...well...perfect. :)

    Thanks for being a follower!

    ReplyDelete