Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (32) Outpost


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

Last week I decided to continue with the Razorland series by Ann Aguirre, Endurance. This week I'm going to book #2, Outpost. Enjoy the teaser, read up, and video!

Outpost by Ann Aguirre
Image Source
"I woke to the cold kiss of steel on my throat. Though I'd grown accustomed to sleeping safely since our arrival in Salvation two months ago, I'd lost none of my edge. Before my attacker realized I was awake, I knocked the knife away and tumbled him over my head." pg.1
and
"Momma Oaks would skin us both if she caught him in my room. People took reputations seriously, and mine was already bruised, due to my insistence on being myself." pg.1

Goodreads Info:
Deuce’s whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she’s a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn’t fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven’t changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They’re watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don’t intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.


What are your teaser tuesdays? Drop me a comment!


11 comments:

  1. I did like this story. Now, I am seriously in need of book three. My teasers are from Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant and Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, both of those are fantastic teasers. I haven't read any of Ann's books, but I always see good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover looks scary with the eye peeking out of the crack. The teasers are GREAT! I wan't to read this series.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teasers, I have book 1 on my shelf, I really need to get to it... Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I think, I like the protagonist. :)

    Here's our TT.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a series I need to check out! Great teasers. Love that second one :) Thanks so much for stopping by my TT. Have a great week!

    Sarah @ TotalTeenFiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers! I still haven't read Enclave, but have heard great things about the series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an opening sentence! Great teasers!

    Here's mine:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-10212.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser. Thx for stopping by to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting way to show the book. Found it refreshing. Thanks for the teasers they were great!

    My TT this week is from He Came For Mine, Book Two in The Protector Series
    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices!! I read Enclave a few weeks ago. I really need to get Outpost it sounds really intense.
    Thanks for visiting my teaser:)

    ReplyDelete