Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (33) Delirium


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! 
Share the title and author so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Image Source
"Pretty crappy security for a major medical facility."
"Pretty crappy security for a petting zoo." I say.
"I resent that." The voice comes from behind us, and both Hana and I jump...
The world seems to freeze for an instant. A boy is standing behind us, arms crossed, head cocked to the side...
It's him. the boy from yesterday, from the observation deck. 
The Invalid." Kindle pg 57-58


Goodreads.com Info: 
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

9 comments:

  1. Nice teaser. I read the book but don't remember this part. My teasers are for Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson and The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Delirium is one of my favorites - hope you enjoy!!!

    My TT
    ~Gin @ Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment!
    Cool teaser, I've got Delirium coming in the post, can't wait to read it! :)

    Tiffa @ http://thebritishbooknerd.blogspot.co.uk/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser and thanks for stopping by ratherbarefoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this book! Definitely one of my favourites :D enjoy the rest! And thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    Sarah @ TotalTeenFiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy. Great teaser! I love the header picture on your blog too. Makes me want to climb a mountain (or at least a hill).
    My teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A CORPORATE SLUT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book. I hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about this one. I hope you enjoy your read. Thanks for stopping by my teaser :)

    ai books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! Great teaser and blurb too!! Sounds like a great read!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete