Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (9)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Teaser:

"We walk through the garden where everyone is smiling in joy that the country has come to its senses and we can all be in our rightful places again. And here is our king, back on his throne, his face bright with happiness that I hardly see the five years of pallor from his imprisonment."

The Red Queen, by Philippa Gregory, page 171

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I have never read anything by Philippa Gregory but it looks like I need to. My teasers are from The Demon Kiss by Lacey Weatherford and Breaking the Rules by Suzanne Brockmann. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo this does sound very interesting. I too may have to take a look at this. Thanks for sharing!

    My teaser can be found at Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh... I like your blog header! That picture is beautiful..

    That being said, great teaser (: I've been curious about these Philippa Gregory books for a while. Hope you're enjoying it!

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog
    Celine
    Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this author and definitely need to read something by her. Maybe this one will be it!

    ReplyDelete