Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (21) The Day of the Triffids

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
                                                                 Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)



Teaser:


The Day of the Triffids, by John Wyndham, Introduction by Edmund Morris, page 1







"The way I came to miss the end of the world- well, the end of the world I had known for close on thirty years - was sheer accident: like a lot of survival, when you come to think of it."

6 comments:

  1. Good teaser! This was a TV show in the UK years ago and it terrified me. I was only little though :)

    I'm a new follower and this is my teaser www.clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com
    Have a great TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time seeing this book but it sounds good! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting! something to think about! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is an awesome teaser! I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete