I've had a craving for s'mores for the last few weeks, but with the heat and thought of all the stickiness it ensues I opted out. Today I had an epiphany to make s'more bars and have them cold from the fridge. Here's my recipe: (* I did not measure specific amounts)
5 graham crackers (split in half)
10 marshmallows (jet-puffed stackermallows)<--easier to use
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (maybe more)
1. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Split the graham crackers in half and space them out.
3. Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and heat in in 30 sec increments and stir every time until smooth. (If the chocolate hardens, you've heated too far, but don't fret! You can add about a teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir and it will work just fine.)
4. Smooth a thin layer of chocolate on the graham crackers and add 2 marshmallows.
5. Add a good amount of chocolate (probably a spoon full) on top of the marshmallows and spread it around.
6. Cool off by putting them in the fridge for about 10-20 minutes.
7. Enjoy! You can store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Easy!
I linked to Tip Junkie Handmade Projects: