Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (22) - Leviathan


This book teaser came to me in an interesting way. I loved reading Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, a guilty pleasure really. Then my friend has been non stop talking about the steampunk genre, which prompted me to look for new books to enjoy. And low and behold, Westerfeld's Leviathan is a perfect fit! Enjoy the teaser!

P.S. I borrowed the book from the library and when I opened to the first page, it was a signed copy! Awesome surprise!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


Image Source


"Even though Mr. Rigby had said not to, Deryn Sharp looked down. 

A thousand feet below, the sea was in motion. Huge waves rolled across the surface, the wind tearing white moonlit spray from their peaks. And yet up here, clinging to the Leviathan's flank in the dark, the wind was still. Just like the airflow diagrams, a layer of calm wrapped around the huge beastie."
pg. 98
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, awesome teaser! Love the description in it. I have this book on my shelf at home. I just might have to bump it up my list.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Love the cover of the book too. I haven't read anything by Scott Westerfeld, I think I'll be looking into this one.
    My TT
    =)

    ReplyDelete