Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (23) Prized


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

I recommend reading Birthmarked first!
Image Source

"Your grandmother urged the expools to experiment with leaving, and many of them died. No. Hope is a kind of curse, Mlass Gaia, just as destructive as despair." pg. 285

Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by -- I joined your site. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing teaser. I have never read anything by the author but have looked at a couple. My teasers are from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood. Happy reading!

    BTW - I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound intriguing and I do agree, sometimes hope is the worst thing because you always try again! The cover is gorgeous though! Thanks for sharing and hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/teaser-tuesday.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing teaser. Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intense teaser. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this book before, but I hear O'Brien is a great author. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to me author. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good I really need to read Birthmarked

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a pretty powerful teaser, thanks for sharing. Happy reading, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intriguing! I will definitely look into Birthmarked, too.

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday-zombie-raccoons-killer.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, very interesting teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what cause the disdain for hope? Interesting!

    My TT
    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo wow, great teaser. I've got Prized on my to-read shelf, I think I need to move it higher up the pile! Sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete